Interesting

So Life As Mom http://lifeasmom.com/ put out a challange http://lifeasmom.com/2011/01/join-the-pantry-challenge.html and I am still deciding whether or not I will formally do it. But out of curiousity I wanted to know how much food I actually had in this house. And to my surprise I was able to come up with 6 breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas just 'shopping' with the stuff I had on hand. I was pretty impressed. What about you? If you were to actually take inventory of what you had in your pantry or freezer how many meals can you make? Let me know. I'd love to know! Oh and for the curious these are the ideas I came up with.

Breakfast
Bagels and Cream Cheese
Cold Cereal/Hot Cereal
Pancakes
Pop Tarts
Waffles
Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches

Lunch
Mac N Cheese
Tuna Sandwiches
Chicken Noodle/Progresso Soup
PB&J
Hot Links (big hit around here)
Cheese Quesdillas

Dinner
Spaghetti with Sauce and Mushrooms (maybe the turkey ground if I don't do what I was originally thinking of doing with it)
Chicken Sandwiches
Hamburgers & Hot Dogs with French Fries
Biscuits and Gravy (Bacon)
Ravoli/Chili (Not enough by itself for a meal )
Hot Dogs wrapped in Crossiants (Pillsbury)

*Of course I also have stuff to make snacks and veggies and fruit*

Comments

Popular Posts