Tuesday, November 30, 2010
1. What is a family tradition you’ll pass on to your significant other/kids?
I don't have a lot of family traditions. Well let me reword that. I don't remember any family traditions that were involved with holidays. I did make a couple of traditions when I got married and having kids. We as a family open up one present on Christmas Eve which is our Christmas pj's that we sleep in. The second one is stockings. My 9 year old still believes in Santa but even when he 'stops' believing I will probably still do the stockings as I think they are fun!
2. How early do you start holiday shopping?
I usually try to shop in Sept or Oct but as the years go by it seems to be later and later.
3. Pick a song of the day!
Where in the nursery rhyme does it say humpty dumpty is an egg?
I just always assumed he was a egg cause of the pictures I have seen with this rhyme!
On another note as I was driving across town passing the Home Depot I noticed that we now have a Lowes. Never been to a Lowes before. Is that just like a Home Depot?
- NoMoreRack - Free $10 Gift Card!
- Gas-X Prevention - $4.00 off 1
- Gas-X - $3.00 off 1
- Glade Scented Oil Candle Refills - $1.00 off 1
- Dry Idea - $1.00 off 1
- Coast Body Wash or Bars - $1.00 off 1
- Hellman's Mayonnaise - $1.00 off 1
- Crisco Olive Oil - $1.00 off 1
- Pine-Sol - $1.00 off 1
- Crisco No-stick Cooking Spray - $0.75 off 1
- Lifesavers & Wrigley's Heritage Tins - $2.00 off 2
- Lifesavers & Starburst Storybooks - $2.50 off 3
- Hershey Kisses - $1.00 off 2
- L'Oreal Revitalift - $2.00 off 1
- GladeÂ® PlugInsÂ® Scented Oil Lasting Impressionsâ„¢ holder - $3.00 off 1
- VEETÂ® Suprem'Essenceâ„¢ product - $3.00 off 1
Monday, November 29, 2010
Monday-Bacon and Eggs (Hubby cooked since I wasn't feeling well. My hero! )
Tuesday-Roasted Chicken ( I haven't decided if I am going to crockpot this or let it cook in the oven since its cold enough that having the oven on for a extended period would actually warm up the house!)
Thursday-Roast(Again I'll decide if I crockpot or oven it later)
Friday-Soup (It's going to be a busy night for us as its our town's Christmas Tree Lighting and my boy and his cub scout pack will be singing! Woo! )
Sunday-Hot Dogs and Hamburgers
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
and thought I'd play along. Feel free to play to if you like!
1)Favorite board game : I don't play a lot of board games. But when I do it is usually Monopoly.
2) Would you prefer to read a book or watch the movie ? depends on the genre
3) Share one of your bad habits....don't be shy, we all have at least one : I only clean the house when its nesscary. I believe I do that cause my thing is I have kids its going to get messy in a couple of hours anyways.
4) How did you meet your significant other? We met first online and exchanged emails. Than we met at a park at a Parent without Partner function
5) Do you tend to prepare or procrastinate? It depends on the situation. I most likely lean towards procrastionation. But I like making lists etc to prepare for things
6) What pet name does your significant other have for you? I don't think he has a pet name for me.
7) Potato Chips or Corn Chips? Potato Chips
8) Coffee or Tea? I usually drink coffee cold and flavored. I love raspberry ice tea. So I guess both!
9) What's your home decorating style? Comfortable
10) What color is your kitchen? Icky. Hahaha. Though my good friends from Vegas made it better with some pieces they bought me. But its blonde cabinets and brown walls which I thought would be red paint as I was trying to go for the country look
11) What does your go-to Chinese take out order consist of? Mongolgian beef for me! For the fam they usually like Chicken chow mein, sweet and sour pork or chicken, Brocolli Beef and of course white rice!
12) What time do you typically go to bed? 1 to 3am
13) MAC or PC? totally PC
14) What is your favorite Christmas movie? I don't have one
15) What was your favorite class in school? English, I love to read and history was a close second
16) Do you read the newspaper? nope just to get my coupons from them. Hahaha.
17) Have you ever been to Africa? No, maybe one day I've always thought of going to South Africa. Maybe I will.
18) Are you allergic to anything? If so, what? Just the usual spring/fall allergies
19) Where did you go on your honeymoon? Reno NV
This is made of awesome.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Maybe in the future I'll share a vid every now and than and not spam you all like I did tonight. Hehehe.
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving week in case I don't post often this week. I am grateful for the friendships I have made here and for those that read me! May you have a safe holiday and have a thankful heart for the blessings that have been bestowed on you.
God bless you all!
The Cranberries makes me think of my high school, early college years.
This was fun!! Give it a spin!
1.Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.
4. Tag 15 friends (Which I am NOT going to do)
5. Everyone tagged has to do the same thing
6. Have Fun!
If someone asks 'Are you okay?'
On My Way Home (Enya)
What do you like in a girl/guy?
When You Say You Love Me (Josh Groban)
How do you feel?
I know How To Love You Well (Tim McGraw)
What is your life's purpose?
Want To (Sugarland)
What's your motto?
She Moved Thru The Fair (Celtic Woman)
What does your family think of you?
This Time (Uncle Kracker)
What do you think about very often?
I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston)
What do you think of your life?
• Dreaming My Dreams (The Cranberries)
What is your life story?
Skellig (Loreena McKennitt)
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Dancer in a Daydream (Ace of Base)
What do you think when you see the person you like?
Stupid Girls (Pink)
What will you dance to at your wedding?
I Hope You Dance (Lee Ann Womack)
What will they play at your funeral?
Bo Mhin Na Toitean (Altan)
What is your passion in life?
The Ash Grove (Celtic Ladies Disc 3)
What is your biggest fear?
Nella Fantasia (Celtic Woman)
What is your biggest secret?
Something's Broken (Tim McGraw)
What do you want right now?
What does your love think about you?
What will you title this note as?
Peace On Earth (U2)
*I found out I am more of a country fan than I thought! And I'm so glad a U2 song popped up in my shuffle. They are my FAVORITE group! Oh and I probably won't do 15 and I won't be offended if you don't play :)
Friday, November 19, 2010
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of PBM Products. All opinions are 100% mine.
It's no surprise when having a new baby in the house parents are bombarded with 'Should I get the name brand or store brand of an item?' store brand formula and name brand formula is no exception. I want to talk about why store brand formula is cheaper than the name brand. When my babies were young I was a breastfeeding mama. But it didn't mean I didn't apperciate formula every now and than. I would always save those free samples I would get just in case. One thing I did notice about that is all my samples were name brands. Nothing really from a store brand formula. Thus why store brand formula is cheaper than name brand is because they are not as heavily advertised or given away as a sample. If a store brand formula sample was given it was very rare and usually from a franchise such as Walmart.
But the cool thing about going the store brand formula route is that the savings are passed down to the consumer. As much as $600. That's a lot for any new family or a family that is adding on. And truth be told store brand formula has the same nutrients as a name brand formula. So why not save where you can in such things like formula? Having a baby is wonderful but the end result is that it can be very expensive and its a good thing to make cuts where you can. Especially if there's no difference in nutrient value.
In these hard economic times one has to make cuts where they can. Especially in programs such as WIC who has had to have some of their funding cut so when they offer packages to families they made it where parents can buy store brand formula. When you think about it it makes the dollar stretch if you go the store brand formula route. WIC only offers that plan to families that went the formula route or did a mix of breastfeeding and formula feeding.
I can hear you now, 'but what about the Similac incident?' As many are aware this brand was recalled voluntary because of a small beetle found in the mix last month. If you have Similac product in your possession it is advised to call (888)376-2054 to see if your product is affected. Similac products most affected was the powder line and those found in plastic containers in the 8-ounce, 12.4 ounce and 12.9 ounce cans.
In conculsion, I still think breastfeeding is the best way to go. But I am aware that not every family can do that. So I think the 2nd best option is to buy store brand formula. It's cheaper on the pockebook and it has the same nutrients as name brand. So there's nothing to lose in going the store brand formula route.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
1. What is the most amazing weather you've ever seen?
I don't think I have ever seen any kind of weather that blew me away or was a memorable experience. I do remember though when I was in college in Arkanas this was in October when I came out from seeing the Homecoming musical it was snowing and I was amazed by that. Amazed that there was snow in Oct. I had lived in DE when I was 15 and had seen snow of course but didn't remember it coming that early.
2. What is a sound or noise you love?
How about silence? Hehehe. My kids when I know they are getting along and there's no fighting. Newborn babies when they make that cooing sound. My husband when we have a moment to talk.
3. Do you like seafood? What's your favorite seafood dish?
I'm not a big fan of seafood. Its very rare I eat it. I on occassion will make a tuna fish sandwich. I have had fish and chips before and broiled fish. Oh and clams. I think stuffed oysters. But again nothing comes to mind of what might have been a favorite for me.
4. What part of your day requires the most patience?
I am thinking when the son and I truly start our homeschooling that part of the day will require lots of patience!
5. What's your favorite shade of blue?
Dark blue. Guess that would be navy.
6. Do people underestimate you?
I don't know. I try to not let the opinons of others bother me.
7. When was the last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
When I had to confront a person for inapporiate behavior.
8. Insert your own random thought here,
I'm thinking about how I should make dinner soon because I am hungry. (steak, rice and asparagus) My feet are cold so I should probably put on socks.
Our son is like a triangle attempting to fit into a square. I get that. But it doesn't mean I can't be sad for the change. Especially cause T has to leave Mrs. M. He's known her since she was 4. That makes me sad for him.
When the charter school said we had to have an exit IEP from the 1st school before we could be offically enrolled I about lost it. But the husband became my hero. He's a hero to me a lot but this one was real bonus points. We went back to the original school after our talk with the charter school. Anyways, he talked to the office lady there since the princepal was busy. God must have put her there as she had worked in the Special Ed dept before working in the school office. The husband explained what the issue was and how we didn't want to put our son back in the classroom setting. Because truth be told that is where T loses it the most. It can't be good for him, the class and for the teacher. The lady said she understood. Husband asked about Independent Study and it was given to us. So now we wait until Dec 13th to see what happens next. We are suppose to see Mrs. W tomorrow so she can give us contract work. Since by law I guess she has to do that. I think T can handle it in the setting at home. He seems to do fine in our trial runs thus far.
I just hope when it's all said and done that this is a good transition. The boy is upset about having to change speech therapists. I don't blame him. Out of all his schooling thus far Mrs M has been his one constant. But we are changing school districts and so we will be losing her. But at least the Special Ed teacher person I met @ the charter school seemed nice. The staff at the other school has been supportive. So I still feel like this is what we are suppose to do.
I'm trying very hard to not get overwhelmed. This is a lot to take in. I'm going to try and take it one day at a time. I'm sure I'll have my spastic moments though. I just want school to be a good experience for the boy and things to not be as stressful as they have been. I'll have to hold onto that verse during this time."I can do all things thru Christ Jesus who strengthens me."
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
I'm sitting watching my girl play soccer when the boy asks if he could go to the park/playground. I didn't follow him. In the past I would have. I probably would have gone as far as hover around him. Guess this is the first step of independence. For both Mom and Son. It's scary! He's my baby. I want to protect him though I know in less than 10 years he'll be doing his own thing as he'll be an adult. But I know its good for him. Besides I have an idea where he is at from where I sit. I have to admit I was proud of him. He walked to the playground and than back to the game. He knew where he was going and he didn't need directions. He wasn't even scared and I tried to not worry. Guess its another growing pain that I as a mother has to experience. It's bittersweet. This mothering job. But I am so thankful that I have it!
Friday, November 12, 2010
I guess what I am saying in general when you are blog hopping it doesn't take a lot of time to leave a little love to your fellow bloggers. You never know how much you can brighten someone's day by a simple, 'Oh that looks great' or even a 'I'm following you and I'd like you to follow me back.' Kindness is always a good thing!