Growing Up

*I had these thoughts running on Saturday so figured I'd attempt to put it in a coherent post*

I'm sitting watching my girl play soccer when the boy asks if he could go to the park/playground. I didn't follow him. In the past I would have. I probably would have gone as far as hover around him. Guess this is the first step of independence. For both Mom and Son. It's scary! He's my baby. I want to protect him though I know in less than 10 years he'll be doing his own thing as he'll be an adult. But I know its good for him. Besides I have an idea where he is at from where I sit. I have to admit I was proud of him. He walked to the playground and than back to the game. He knew where he was going and he didn't need directions. He wasn't even scared and I tried to not worry. Guess its another growing pain that I as a mother has to experience. It's bittersweet. This mothering job. But I am so thankful that I have it!

Comments

Popular Posts