Changes on the Horizon

I am a mixed bag of emotions. 3 of our kids went thru this elementary school with no real issues. We've been a part of this school family for 10 years. But now it has all come to an end. Well almost to an end. Still have to deal with wrapping up loose ends. In fact those loose ends have kept me hopping today! Who knew transitioning a kid from a site based school to a charter school with homeschool emphasis would be so hard! Probably because of his IEP or there would have been no issues. I'm sure of it.

 Our son is like a triangle attempting to fit into a square. I get that. But it doesn't mean I can't be sad for the change. Especially cause T has to leave Mrs. M. He's known her since she was 4. That makes me sad for him.

When the charter school said we had to have an exit IEP from the 1st school before we could be offically enrolled I about lost it. But the husband became my hero. He's a hero to me a lot but this one was real bonus points. We went back to the original school after our talk with the charter school. Anyways, he talked to the office lady there since the princepal was busy. God must have put her there as she had worked in the Special Ed dept before working in the school office. The husband explained what the issue was and how we didn't want to put our son back in the classroom setting. Because truth be told that is where T loses it the most. It can't be good for him, the class and for the teacher. The lady said she understood. Husband asked about Independent Study and it was given to us. So now we wait until Dec 13th to see what happens next. We are suppose to see Mrs. W tomorrow so she can give us contract work. Since by law I guess she has to do that. I think T can handle it in the setting at home. He seems to do fine in our trial runs thus far.

I just hope when it's all said and done that this is a good transition. The boy is upset about having to change speech therapists. I don't blame him. Out of all his schooling thus far Mrs M  has been his one constant. But we are changing school districts and so we will be losing her. But at least the Special Ed teacher person I met @ the charter school seemed nice. The staff at the other school has been supportive. So I still feel like this is what we are suppose to do.

 I'm trying very hard to not get overwhelmed. This is a lot to take in. I'm going to try and take it one day at a time. I'm sure I'll have my spastic moments though. I just want school to be a good experience for the boy and things to not be as stressful as they have been. I'll have to hold onto that verse during this time."I can do all things thru Christ Jesus who strengthens me."

Comments

Popular Posts