This Was Dinner Tonight

We don't have any traditional New Year's meal plans so no peas or whatever it is your suppose to cook was done in this household. Instead we had this.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/smoky-turkey-shepherds-pie-recipe/index.html

The potatoes didn't go like the way I wanted them to. Probably because I used red potatoes instead. I ended up having to put the mixture in the blender to get some kind of topping. I also didn't use smokey paprika. I just used regular. It was tasty and filling. Of course my kids didn't know what to think as they are not big veggie fans. But at least they tried it so I give them kudos for that.

This was actually suppose to be a late lunch as the man and the boy had gone with the Boy Scouts to Christmas Tree recycling . The recipe says it only takes 25 min but it took much longer for me. Probably cause they didn't count the prep. I think it took me close to 2 hours. But even though I was a bit discouraged in how long it took I am not discouraged in cooking for my family. And once I got into my groove I found it pretty relaxing. So what did you have?

Comments

Popular Posts