Reflecting on Me

Today's Theme: Introduce yourself! Show us a self-portrait and list 5 things you like about yourself. And we are looking for things you really like ... not just 'I like that I'm a mommy'


"



Wow. In looking at all my pictures that I have access to at this moment I have a lot of pictures that I take with my family or friends. This is quite a bit older picture. Its from my college days and the last I saw of college was 14 years ago. Yes. I'm that old. Anyways here you go. This is more difficult than I thought it would be.

1. I complain about having to cook. But once I get into my groove I like doing it. I like knowing its by my hand that my family is being fed. Even if I get help by a package or what not at times.

2. I like that I scrapbook. Its very important to me to write my family's history down. I like thinking that years from now my great grandchildren will get a glimpse of what their ansectors were doing perhaps in the age they are when they look at the books.

3. I like to role play. I use to think that I could just not do it anymore. But it is a part of me and I enjoy sharing a story with others. I'm not talking about traditional role play. The kind of roleplay I do is called MUSHING and that basically means I get to play with others on the computer in real time and its like we are all writing one big story together.

4. I like that I find family so important. Friends are important of course but I try to make family a priority.I love that I can stay home and help raise a family and be there for them. I hope that makes a postive influence in my kids lives.

5. I like that I am a Christian. I don't think I am a preach it in the corner kind of Christian. But I do not deny that I believe in Jesus as the Son of God. The Holy Spirit and God. Because I know if I had not walked that path my life would be in a bigger wreck than it is now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
New follower here from Trailing Tuesdays, come see me!
www.andrialake.blogspot.com
What a great blog you have here!! Thank you so much for linking up with me and commenting. Sometimes I miss people, so it is always nice to have a reminder!! I am so happy you did!! :o)
Melissa Au said…
Following back from MomsReview4You blog hop. Thanks!

Feel free to come back tonight 12pm Eastern since the new Wednesday blog hop with be up!
http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/p/blog-hop.html
Christy said…
I love your 5th point. I'm the same way ... not comfortable preaching in the corner, but I will share my faith with anyone who asks. I love that you scrapbook. I really need to work on doing that more.

Thank you for playing along! Great list!
Lisa said…
Oh, how I miss scrapbooking! I have one that I started in college and got tons of compliments on, but somewhere along the way finding the time to keep it up just became too low on the list of priorities. Maybe I'll get inspired next year....and maybe monkeys will form a conga line in my front yard. Hey, it could happen!
4 Lettre Words said…
Really lovely! My scrapbooking has really slowed and I miss it. Doing anything "crafty" is so relaxing for me!

Happy {early} Birthday!! :o)
Mel said…
Lisa- hope you find the time to scrap again!

Dina-I have to agree! Crafting is relaxing.

Popular Posts