Rock N Roll Fridays






Today we picked Smashing Pumpkins. The song titles and the lyrics are in bold. Here's Rock 'n Roll Fridays!




1. 1979 “Shakedown 1979, Cool kids never have the time. On a live wire right up off the street, You and I should meet”.


Where were you in 1979?
Well since I was 6 I was most likely in 1st grade listening to Mrs. Eakle my teacher. I believe that was her name.



2. BELIEVE “And if they steal your life, your heart is still mine. Your song, you sing, a truth, there’s no other. I want to believe in you dear.”

What song do you love to sing along with?
I don't have a song that I sing along with but I have found that I can sing most of the words to a popular 80's song when I hear it on the radio.



3. BULLIT WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS “Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage. Someone will say what is lost can never be saved. Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage”.

When was the last time you felt like a rat in a cage?
Hahahahaha. Most likely 2 weeks ago or so.



4. CHRISTMASTIME “I remember dreaming, Wishing, Hoping, Praying for this day. Now I sit and watch them, the little ones I love”.

What day are you dreaming, wishing, hoping, praying for?
How about my vacation I'm taking next week? It will be nice to get away.



5. DISARM “I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes. And what I choose is my voice. What’s a boy supposed to do?”

What did you bring to SHOW n TELL as a child to school?
I honestly do not remember. I remember more of the things my kids brought for show and tell.



6. THIRTY THREE “Supper’s waiting on the table. Tomorrow’s just an excuse away. So I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own. The Earth laughs beneath my heavy feet.”

When and where do you generally eat supper?
At home. I know boring. But its true!



7. TODAY “To cleanse these regrets, my angel wings were bruised and restrained. My belly stings.

When was the last time your belly “stung”?
I really think for me its when family drama shows its ugly head.



8. TONIGHT TONIGHT “Time is never time at all, you can never ever leave, without leaving a piece of youth. And our lives are forever changed. We will never be the same. The more you change the less you feel.”

Despite the number, what age do you think you really are?

I still feel like I'm a 16 year old and wonder how the heck I have all this responsbility.



9. APPELS AND ORANJES “What if the sun refused to shine? What if the clouds refused to rain? What if the wind refused to blow? What if the seas refused to wave? What if the world refused it’s turn?”

Do you believe the 2012 catastrophe will happen? If so, how are you preparing for it?
Nope. I think people are paranoid about it like Y2K



10. CHERRY “Stay with me, I’ll set you free. ‘Cause I can tell you once were pretty. Rose, so sad you’ve lost your petals. Lost the luster off your tattle tales.”

What celebrity has not aged well?
I don't know. I don't follow celebrities closely.



11. CRESTFALLEN “Who am I to you? Along the way, I lost my faith. And as you were, you’ll be again. To mold like clay, to break like dirt. To tear me up in your sympathy.”

What was the last thing you made out of dirt or clay?
The last thing I can remember was a project that I had to do when I was still going to camp probably when I was 17 or so. And our counselor had us bury it so we can see what it looked like a year later. I am sure I have done other things but that is what comes first in mind.



12. EYE “Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Turn to the gates of heaven, to myself be damned. Turn away from eye, it’s not enough, just a touch.”

How do you find peace?
By finding time for myself. Praying. Listening to music. Watching tv. I guess doing semi solitary things.



13. MA BELLE “You must hold your truce alone. To make love happen, the moon must send you home. There’s no place that I’d rather be”.

When was the last time you walked in the moonlight?
I love the night and I love it when it is a full moon night. But the last time I remember walking in it was one of the first times my husband and I went camping and we were able to look up at the sky and the stars that were up there.

Comments

DJ KathyA said…
Loved your answers! Cool you and hubby watched the moonlight at camp...really peaceful and beautiful in nature. I know about family drama making knots in the tum tum...thanks for playing my meme. : ) Have a terrific weekend!
Mel said…
Thank you! Your meme's are fun to do even if I haven't heard some of these songs. It really does give you pause and think. I hope your weekend went well also!

Popular Posts