30 Days of Insight Day 22

As I warned I will jump around on these Day Meme's. Anyways here's my answer

Day 22- Someone you would give your life up for without question.

It is a toss up for me. It wouldn't be just one person. At this time I can say I would give up my life for my daughter, son and husband. I want to say I would do the same for my step son and step daughter but I have been hurt by them tremendlsy that I am a little selfish in that. But knowing me if I was in a situation where it came to my family or me I would defintly choose my family. The latter two included.

Alright here is where I ramble a little bit. When I had gotten married I eagerly took on the two older and saw all the kids as ours. But with recent events I feel like I have to cut myself off from them. I was reminded tonight that they are my other two kids siblings.  I would never deny that. But I also know I need to protect myself. I'm not willing to hang myself out there all the time and feeling victimized by the older two. Whoever made up the term blended families? Well that's crap. It takes a very long time for a family to blend if ever. There's always going to be problems. No matter what kind of relationship you have with who. I've been with my husband for 10 years and I figured oh we got it made. Not so. Parenting defintly takes a toll on a marriage. Especially if you marry with kids. But for now I'll keep reminding myself its a season and soon I'll be able to go on these extragavant trips I dream about with the man.

Comments

Popular Posts