1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
My kids have won awards in school. My girl when she was in elementary school would win things for her math etc. My boy for improvements. But the girl has been on the honor roll and such since being in middle school. My most recent 'award' for me was getting the One Lovely Blog award. Not sure if that would be considered 'won' or just awards given.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
Hmm. I have a couple of step nephews that joined the military. One is out and he was Army. The other is in the Marines. I also have a uncle that served time in the military. Not sure what branch though. And the grandfather I grew up with was Army.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
I feel like I have always been patriotic. The pledge of allegiance is very patriotic to me. I remember reciting it to the flag we would pass by on the way home from church. It stood on this big pole on the outskirts of town. In most recent events it would have to be 911 that made me realize how much I love this country.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I am in the middle. I don't know if it made a difference in my personality but I have defintly felt like I was the scapgoat for a lot of things.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
I like pants. I haven't worn a skirt in a really long time.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
I usually wake up once to go use the bathroom. I'm sleepy enough that it doesn't affect me much and I'm able to fall asleep quickly.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
"Have fun storming the castle!" Princess Bridge
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
Anything that is carmel related
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Carving Pumpkins. I'd like to go to a pumpkin farm and get ours there. I was exposed to that when my kids were younger and they would take field trips there. I always say I want to go back but we haven't.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
Recieving a hug from a person that I thought would just ignore me.
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
Indifferent. I don't have the best relationship with my in laws so first meeting them didn't leave that big of a impression on me.