Friday, September 24, 2010
Rock N Roll Fridays
DJ Kathy A says it better than me so I'm copying her words! Enjoy the meme and feel free to play along!
*Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick an singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their lyrics. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Bob Dylan. The song titles are in bold caps and the lyrics are in bold. Here's Rock 'n Roll Fridays! *
1. TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN’ “And there’s no tellin’ who that it’s namin’ for the loser now will be later to win, For the times they are a changin’”
What would you do or play at a Casino?
I usually play the nickel and dime machines. The only table game I have played I think its called Russian Roulette. I probably have that wrong. Obviously I do not go to the casino often.
2. ON DESOLATION ROW “To her, death is quite romantic, She wears an iron vest. Her profession’s her religion, her sin is her lifelessness”
What was the worst job you ever had?
I was a counselor for boys in a group home. It wasn't the boys I had a hard time with it was the boss. It was a live in position and she made my life hell. I didn't last very long there. She constantly berated me and so I wasn't going to stand for that for very long.
3. DON’T THINK TWICE IT’S ALLRIGHT “I ain’t sayin you treated me unkind, you could have done better but I don’t mind. You just kinda wasted my precious time. Don’t think twice it’s all right”
How do you waste your time besides memes?
Hehehe. Well I do play on Facebook to. Watch the shows I have dvr'd. And roleplay on a Mush called Crossroads.
4. IT AIN’T ME BABE “You say you’re lookin for someone, never weak but always strong. To protect you an’ defend you whether you are right or wrong. Someone to open each and every door, It ain’t me babe”
What traits make up the ideal mate for you?
I already have him. He treats me well. For the most part. I know that I am safe to be myself with him and that is very important to me.
5. JUST LIKE A WOMAN “She takes just like a woman, yes she does, she makes love just like a woman, yes she does, and she aches just like a woman, but she breaks just like a little girl”
What woman would make a great president?
6. KNOCKIN ON HEAVEN’S DOOR “Mama put my guns in the ground I can’t shoot them anymore, that long black cloud is comin’ down, I feel like I’m knockin’ on Heaven’s door”
Have you ever fired a rifle, handgun or other firearm?
No. But I have thought about how fun it would be to go to a shooting gallery. I think that is what its called. It would defintly be noisy!
7. LIKE A ROLLING STONE “You used to laugh about everybody that was hangin’ out, Now you don’t seem so proud, about havin’ to scrounge for your next meal”
Have you ever been on Welfare (the Dole), or collected Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
8. MAGGIE’S FARM “Everybody says she’s the brains behind Pa, She’s 68 but says she’s 24”
When was the last time you lied about your age?
I have never lied about my age. Maybe when I was a kid but not as an adult.
9. MR TAMBORINE MAN “Hey Mr Tamborine Man, play a song for me, I’m not sleepy and there is no place I’m goin’ to. “
Have you ever played a musical instrument?
Yes. I think I was in the 5th grade. I played the alto saxophone.
10. ONE MORE CUP OF COFFEE “One more cup of coffee for the road. One more cup of coffee ‘for I go…to the valley below”
What brand of coffee do you drink and how do you take it?
I'm not a typical coffee drinker. I'm the one that buys those fraps and such at Starbucks. I don't like regular coffee otherwise.
11. ONE TOO MANY MORNINGS “Down the street the dogs are barkin’, and the day is getting’ dark. As the night comes in a fallin, The dogs ‘ll lose their bark”
When was the last time a dog barked near you?
I have two dogs at home and they bark if they see someone walking down the street when we have our door open.
12. SUBTERRANEAN HOMESICK BLUES “Look out kid, don’t matter what you did. Walk on your tip toes, don’t try NO DOZ, better stay away from those”
When you have to stay awake what do you do when you are very sleepy?
I exercise. I ride my exercise bike. Hee.
13. TANGLED UP IN BLUE “I was layin in bed wondrin if she’d changed at all. If her hair was still red…”
What color(s) has your hair been?
Ha. Its been a variety of colors. When I was a kid I went as far as dying it with kool aid. (Thinking it was cool) to a green color but I think all it did was dye my scalp. Nowadays I dye my hair in tradtional dark colors.