30 Days Of Insight Day 28

Day 28- A moment you remember being completely happy in and a description of why you believe you were. What is your definition of happiness?


My happiest day for me was when I got married. In my head I always thought I'd be alone and that no one would want me. The reason why I thought that was because I was a single mom with a 2 year old kid. That alone is baggage and not everyone wants to tackle that. But my husband was willing to do that. But than again I was willing to take on his two kids that were 5 and 6 at the time. I was happy because I finally felt I was at home and it was with him. When we were saying our vows we wrote our own. I remember saying this to him. "I found him, him who my soul loves." Even with all our ups and downs and times when I feel like I just want to walk out the door and give up, I do truly love him with all of my soul.
 
My defintion of happiness? Food on the table. A roof over my head. Money to pay for things. And my family with me. Family doesn't nessicarly include blood but friends that have proven they are my family.
 
In fact, in a week I'll be going to Vegas to see my friends that I count as family. One in particular has been such a support to me. Its been a year and a half since I've seen her. It will be good to be around her again.
 
But really happiness is what you make of it. You don't have to be the richest or have everything to be happy.

Comments

Popular Posts