Friday, September 17, 2010
Rock N Roll Fridays
Hi and welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick an singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their lyrics. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Duran Duran. The song titles are in bold caps and the lyrics are in bold. Here's Rock 'n Roll Fridays!
1. WILD BOYS: “You got sirens for a welcome, there’s bloodstain for your pain and your telephone been ringin while you’re dancing in the rain” If you have been in a car accident, what happened?
The first car accident I can remember being in was when I was a kid. It was raining and my sister was either bringing us home or taking us to school. We had gotten rear ended and I remember the drink I had in my hand spilling all over the front dashboard as I was sitting in the back. I remember the lady being sorry for what had happened and my sister and her exchanging insurance. It was a car that had belonged to my grandmother and I think it was brown. Not certain.
2. UNION OF THE SNAKE: “There’s a fine line drawing my senses together and I think it’s about to break. If I listen close I can hear them singers, oh oh oh! Voices in your body coming thru on the radio, ho ho.” Do you believe people hear voices or have guardian angels?
If people hear voices there may be something mentally wrong with them. I'm not poking fun on that. But I do think that intiution can speak to you. I do believe there are guardian angels out there but I think they show their presence by signs more than voice.
3. SAVE A PRAYER: “You saw me standing by the wall, corner of a main street and the lights were flashin on your windowsill. All alone ain’t much fun, so you’re lookin for the thrill and you know just what it takes and where to go." Where is a happening place for you to go?
I don't think I know of a happening place to go. Hehehe. I am more of a homebody than anything else!
4. RIO: “I’ve seen you on the beach and I’ve seen you on TV two of a billion stars, it means so much to me, like a birthday or a pretty view but then I’m sure you know it’s just for you”. Who do you admire based solely on their appearance?
Wow. Hmm. I would go with an actor. The two names that pop up in my head is Joaquin Phoenix (had a huge crush on his brother River) and Johney Depp.
5. THE REFLEX: “You gone too far this time, but I’m dancing on the valentine. I tell you somebody’s fooling around with my chances on the dangerline. I’ll cross that bridge when I find it another day to make my stand". What is the worst thing a lover has done that you forgave them for?
Had relations with another person.
6. ORDINARY WORLD: “Well now pride’s gone out the window cross the rooftops, run away, left me in the vacuum of my heart. What is happening to me? Crazy, some’d say, 'Where is my friend when I needed you most?' Gone away.” Do you still keep in touch with your best friend from high school/university?
No. I think as you get older you outgrow your friends. Or the friends you have don't nessicarly have the same things in common with you anymore. Or life situations is what made you drift apart.
7. NEW MOON ON MONDAY: “Last time la luna. I light my torch and wave it for the New moon on Monday and a firedance through the night. I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite.” Does the full moon make you act crazy?
No. But I sure do think its pretty when we have them.
8. KHANADA: “Don't play with me, I've nothing to lose Khanada I'll get by. It ain't no ones day, coming so soon Khanada I'll get by. I dont believe in dragons or blues Khanada I'll get by. I don't believe in nobody's rules Khanada I'll get by” Do you believe in dragons or blues?
I think dragons are just part of the medival story/era. Blues? That could be music or mood and I believe in both of those.
9. HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF: “In touch with the ground. I'm on the hunt, I'm after you. Smell like I sound, I'm lost in a crowd and I'm hungry like the wolf” What do you smell like right now?
Bubble gum as that is what I'm chewing.
10. HOLD BACK THE RAIN: “Okay go off and wander. I'm guilty just the same. Sometimes you're needed badly, so please come back again” What are you recently guilty about?
The relationship I have with my step kids.
11. GIRLS ON FILM: “There's a camera rolling on her back on her back and I sense the rhythms humming in a frenzy all the way down her spine” If offered 1 Million dollars, would you pose nude or appear in a porn film?
12. ELECTRIC BARBARELLA: “People say they heard about our deviation. But you never looked so good. Wear the fake fur for me and put on your mystery” Have you ever worn real fur or would you if it were a gift?
No haven't worn real fur but if it was offered to me as a gift I wouldn't turn it down.
13. COME UNDONE: “Mine, immaculate dream, made breath and skin, I've been waiting for you, Signed, with a home tattoo, Happy birthday to you was created for you” Do you have a tattoo and if so, please describe it. If you don’t, describe what you would get if you changed your mind about it.
I have a small tattoo. My husband has a few of them and I wanted to know what the big deal was. It is a heart with wedding rings in it and our wedding date. Cept the artist screwed up on the year and I need to get that fixed. I keep meaning to and than something else will come up. Its on my left upper shoulder.